Hi, I’m Dr. Wendling
I teach people just like you to train their brains to self-regulate in ways that support health and happiness – not fear and disease. My mission is to help my patients adapt to the stressors of our modern world which are driving an explosion of chronic illness.
By combining the latest research in neurology, psychology, and the stress response with your health history, lab data, and symptoms – I create an individualized program to optimize your brain performance and reduce unwanted symptoms. The end result is more health, more happiness, and the resilience to handle life’s stressors.
My Path to NeuroLogic
The seeds of NeuroLogic were planted many years ago when I worked in cardiac rehabilitation. I noticed that exercise, diet, and social support helped reverse coronary artery disease and other chronic conditions – but I was also disappointed that so many people were coming to me after a heart attack had already occurred. Why weren’t people being taught these tools for prevention before damage was done?
I was ranting about this one day to a friend when she said, “You sound like a naturopath!” I had no idea what a naturopath was, but after learning more, I knew it’s what I was meant to do. I moved to Seattle to begin my studies to become a naturopathic physician.
After graduation, I specialized in autoimmune disorders – and my patients made many improvements just by treating the gut, hormones, and nervous system. When I began incorporating neurofeedback, it was a game-changer. They started to get better, feel happier, and break free from their cycle of chronic pain. They had come to me to treat their autoimmune symptoms, but were having surprising improvements in their mental health as well. Soon they were referring friends and family to me for neurofeedback alone.
Seeing my patients’ lives and health restored was incredibly rewarding. I decided to start NeuroLogic so I could focus on treating the stress response and balancing the nervous system. By doing this, we’re treating the root cause of disease and many chronic, unwanted symptoms disappear as a result.
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine – Bastyr University, ranked #1 in North America for Naturopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Science – Health Fitness and Rehabilitative Studies – Central Michigan University, Magna Cum Laude
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Qi Gong Teacher Training
- CITI Biomedical Research Training
- Visceral Manipulation & Visceral Synthesis
- IV Therapy: Form, Compounding & Safety Considerations
- New England School of Homeopathy (NESH) Training
“Dr. Jessica Wendling has been one of the most important pieces of my holistic health. I began seeing Dr. Wendling in hopes of finding a way to help lessen the intensity and frequency of my depression and panic/anxiety disorders.
We set up a multi-faceted plan to address my concerns and adjusted it accordingly along the way, with her always offering alternative solutions if I was unsure. I truly felt like we were a team addressing my health. I always left feeling educated, listened to and understood. Before I began treatment with her, I was at a loss to find a solution for my chronic anxiety that brought panic attacks three times a week or more. After doing neurofeedback treatment with her, my panic attacks have gone down to only a few times a month or less. Furthermore, the skills she has given me to cope with anxiety have been invaluable, and will help me continue to sustain my health.
I highly recommend Dr. Wendling. She listens well, empowers and educates her clients to make their own choices, and cares deeply about the wellbeing of those she treats.”
Naturopathic Physician & Neurofeedback Specialist
- Utilizes principles of neurology and neurofeedback to retrain the brain and regulate the physiological stress response in a natural, safe, and lasting manner.
- Neurofeedback therapist treating ADHD, autism spectrum, anxiety, depression, PTSD, headaches, insomnia, seizure disorders, concussion symptoms, chronic pain, and other neurological disorders.
Co-President, Seattle Chapter of Natural Doctors International
- Organized and presented promotional information sessions at various educational institutions around the Seattle area.
- Facilitated communication between the NDI Global Health representative, our leadership team, and student members ensuring awareness of deadlines, flight details, and supplement donations for each brigade.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist
- Provided individualized patient education, performed cardiac stress testing, designed exercise prescriptions, and monitored EKG, heart rates, and blood pressure for the hospital during group exercise classes.
- Rotated through radiology, catheterization labs, and surgical units.
Primary Investigator, Physiological Effects of Caffeine During Submaximal Exercise
- Conducted and published a blind, randomized controlled trial that evaluated the physiological and psychological effects of caffeine during exercise.
- Presented the study at the Midwest American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Conference, 2007
- Completed residency in mind-body medicine
- Pursued advanced training in botanical medicine and pharmacognosy. This allows me to create potent, individualized remedies for my patients using the medicinal extractions of herbs and plants.
- Completed a two-year Yi Ren Qi Gong Teacher Certification program. I teach qi gong exercises to my patients, if interested. I also teach qi gong classes to the local community.
- Worked in diverse clinical settings including hospitals, community clinics, and oncology research clinics.
- Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback
- Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Herbalist Guild
On a Personal Note...
- I grew up in the Detroit metropolitan area.
- I’ve lived in more than 10 different countries where I gained a wealth of knowledge and experience in different approaches to health care.
- I co-founded a company focused on restoring the body’s natural rhythm with herbal remedies.
- I enjoy supporting environmental causes and community grassroots efforts.
We’re a collaborative, boutique practice striving to meet the needs of the community by providing the highest level of care to our patients. We work to improve health outcomes and performance by training the brain and optimizing the adaptive stress response.
Since our formation in 2019, we’ve helped nearly 300 people overcome neurological dysfunction and step into a higher quality of life. These include:
- Children and teens with ADHD
- Children and teens on the autism spectrum
- People with chronic depression
- Individuals with chronic pain and fibromyalgia
- People with crippling panic attacks
- People with PTSD
- Survivors of prostitution rings
…many of whom had no success with traditional medical treatments.
To get started on your healing journey, schedule a free 15-minute consultation.